October 1, 2020
Dear Liberty Business Owners,
Covid-19 has devastated the businesses in the Town of Liberty. Earlier this summer the Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce decided to do what they could to help current and past chamber members by offering a round of business relief grants. The Chamber was able to award nearly $10,000 to local businesses in their time of need. Chamber member Phil Vallone of Rolling V reached out after the first round of grants to offer additional assistance to our local businesses. Together with a generous matching donation of $5,000 from Phil Vallone, the Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce will be awarding an additional $10,000 in grants to struggling Town of Liberty Businesses. It is with great hope that the Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce will be able to award this additional $10,000 and that the $20,000 given back to the community will keep small businesses going during these historically trying times.
To give assistance to ten (10) businesses within the Town of Liberty to help relieve some of their monthly expenses due to the COVID19 crisis. The grant will be made available to businesses that were forced to interrupt their normal way of operation due to the COVID-19 crisis resulting in hardship or inability to pay current bills. The Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce Board has approved a fund of $10,000 to provide ten (10) brick and mortar businesses with up to $1,000 each, to help with current debt they have incurred during the last 6 months. Approved businesses will submit a copy of bills totaling up to and no more than $1,000 and receive a check made out to the vendor or vendors for the amount owed. Payroll is excluded as an expense through this grant.
- Town of Liberty businesses that have remained open in brick and mortar locations within the Town of Liberty will be considered for this grant.
- Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool. Ten applications will be drawn lottery fashion for fairness to all approved applicants. Drawing to be held on October 31, 2020. Checks will be made out to the vendors owed and returned to the business owner. Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce Board Members are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide proof that they are the business owner. (Business Certificate, DBA, or W9).
- The applicant must provide a written document stating the reason for hardship and provide outstanding bills not yet paid. Bills to be considered for payment include expenses required to be paid in order to continue operating (excluding payroll).
- The applicant must provide a copy of the outstanding bill or bills that need to be paid. The total amount of bills not to exceed $1,000.
- Grant applications must be received by mail no later than October 20, 2020.
- For more information call Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce at 845-292-9797 or email info@libertyNYchamber.com
Mail the application and the required documents to:
Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 147
Liberty, NY 12754
About Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce: Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce is a 100% Volunteer Organization and is funded entirely through its own fundraising efforts. For more information on this, on upcoming Liberty Chamber events, or to join the chamber, or to volunteer please contact the Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce by phone 845-292-9797 or email info@LibertyNYChamber.com. Information can also be found on the Greater Liberty Chamber of Commerce Facebook page or online at www.LibertvNYChamber.com.